Terms and Conditions
Booking Jamie Docherty to perform at your event:
1) This Booking Confirmation shall remain valid for acceptance for a period of 14 days and must be accepted by The Client in its
entirety. Any variation to the Services stated must be agreed in writing.
2) The Act(s) agrees to provide magical entertainment at and for the agreed time / place / duration, detailed on this Booking
Confirmation. Changes to this agreement should be agreed in writing.
In the event that any Act is unable to complete a performance due to a delay in the start of the performance schedule, where such
delay is no fault of the Act, the Client shall remain liable to pay the full Fee due.
Should the Act(s) be required by the Client to extend the length of the performance, a further fee may be charged as agreed between
An Act is not obligated to finish any performance that has started late due to the Clients actions or to extend the length of any
The Artiste warrants that all necessary steps have been taken to ensure that all agreed activities are covered by Public Liability
Insurance, with an indemnity limit of £10million.
3) If the venue provided by The Client is unable to accommodate the Acts(s) and the Act(s) is/are unable to perform for this reason
The Client will be liable for cancellation charges as outlined below.
This includes (but is not limited to): power cuts and weather (for outside events) etc.
The Client shall provide a suitable performance area for the Act(s) and ensure there is an adequate power supply which meets
industry standards if electrical equipment is to be used as part of the performance.
4) The Client agrees that if any Act is threatened, abused verbally or physically by anyone present at the performance then the Act will
be entitled not to perform, without penalty. All Fees will remain payable by The Client .
5) The Client will be invoiced for the Performance Fee (deposit inclusive, if applicable) plus any Other Services agreed on the Booking
Confirmation. The Client shall settle this invoice by the due date stated unless otherwise agreed in writing (the non-refundable deposit
must be paid within 7 days of the invoice).
6) Interest may be charged on all late payments at a rate of 8% per annum above the Bank Of England base rate. Reasonable
expenses incurred in obtaining payment from The Client where any payment due is late may also be charged.
Cancellations / Change of date:
7) In the event that The Client cancels an Engagement they will be liable to pay cancellation charges as follows:
i) Cancellation over 180 days prior to the Event Date: 25% of Total Invoice
ii) Cancellation made 31-179 days prior to the Event Date: 50% of Total Invoice
iii) Cancellation made less than 30 days prior to the Event Date: 100% of Total Invoice
The cancellation fee is subject to the Act(s) duty to mitigate any loss by accepting other work for the same date.
8) If the booking is cancelled by The Artiste, The Artiste shall receive no fee and any fees received in advance shall be refunded to
The Client. In addition to this the Artiste has a duty to find and recommend a suitable replacement.
9) Cancellations must be mutually agreed and acknowledged with The Artiste before they can be accepted. Cancellations cannot be
accepted via answer service, or via a third party.
If The Client wished to postpone their event or change the date, the new date should be agreed in writing with the Act(s) and is subject
to their availability. The new date should be agreed/confirmed with the Act(s) within 21 days of the original event.
10) The artist reserves the right to hand out his promotional material at the event, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
All additional bookings or further engagements that arise as a result of the booking must be negotiated by the artist. These new
bookings are in no form attached or related to the origional clients booking.
11) Neither party shall be liable for any failure of or delay in the performance of this agreement for the period that such failure or delay
is due to causes beyond reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, strikes or labour disputes or any other force
Any changes to the performance schedule will be subject to these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the parties
hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.